ESTABLISHED IN 1994
Managing Partner: Cui Liguo
Number of partners: 200+
Number of associates: 1,000+
Guantao Law Firm, founded in 1994 and based in Beijing, has become a leading PRC law firm with a team of over 200 partners and 1,000 lawyers working across 23 offices in main cities at home and abroad.
Guantao has launched a Joint Operation Office (JOO) with leading international law firm Ashurst in Shanghai Pilot Free Trade Zone in 2018. This unprecedented JOO offers one-stop shop service to our clients combining full PRC law capacity with international expertise.
• Highly ranked in areas of capital markets, corporate/M&A, restructuring and insolvency, projects infrastructure and energy, real estate, dispute resolution, banking and finance, and investment funds by Chambers Asia-Pacific, The Legal 500 Asia-Pacific, IFLR1000, Asialaw Profiles, etc.
• Winner in areas of Aviation, Data protection, Privacy, Government and public, Healthcare, Pharma and life science, Industrials and manufacturing, M&A, Private equity and venture capital, Technology and telecoms − China Business Law Awards 2021
• Winner of Restructuring and Insolvency Deals of the year − IFRL1000 China Awards 2021
• Winner of Deals of the Year: PipeChina takes over major oil and gas lines − China Business Law Journal 2020
• Golden League (Nationwide elite law firms) − China Business Law Awards 2020
• Winner as Shipping and Aviation Firm of the Year − China Law & Practice Awards 2018
• One of the Top 10 Most Influential Law Firms − ALB China 2015
Key Practice Areas
Antitrust; Capital markets; Corporate/M&A; Real estate and construction; Banking and finance; Dispute resolution; Restructuring/insolvency; Energy and natural resources; Projects and infrastructure; IP/TMT; International investment and trade; Administrative law; Tax; Life sciences.
19/F, Tower B, Xinsheng Plaza
5 Finance Street, Xicheng District
Beijing 100032, China
Telephone: +86 10 6657 8066
Fax: +86 10 6657 8016
Contact: Cui Liguo
Suites 1801-3, 18th Floor, One Taikoo Place
979 King’s Road, Quarry Bay, Hong Kong
Telephone: +852 2878 1130
Fax: +852 2878 1360 / 2810 0280
Contact: Grace Yan
Chengdu • Chongqing • Dalian • Fuzhou
Guangzhou • Hangzhou • Jinan • JOO
Nanjing • New York • Shanghai • Shenzhen
SuzhouSydney • Tianjin • Toronto
Wuhan • Xiamen • Xi’an • Zhengzhou