Sinopec enters downstream oil industries in Africa

0
2861
LinkedIn
Facebook
Twitter
Whatsapp
Telegram
Copy link

China Petroleum & Chemical Corporation (Sinopec) has concluded an agreement to acquire Chevron Global Energy’s oil businesses in South Africa and Botswana, marking Sinopec’s entry into one of the largest integrated downstream oil businesses in sub-Saharan Africa.

Sinopec enters downstream oil industries in AfricaSinopec will acquire all shares in Chevron Botswana, and 75% of shares in Chevron South Africa – the remaining 25% will continue to be held by a group of local shareholders in accordance with South African regulations.

“This transaction involved target downstream petrochemical assets in both South Africa and Botswana,” Carolyn Dong, head of energy (China) at DLA Piper, told China Business Law Journal. DLA Piper acted for Sinopec in this deal.

You must be a subscribersubscribersubscribersubscriber to read this content, please subscribesubscribesubscribesubscribe today.

For group subscribers, please click here to access.
Interested in group subscription? Please contact us.

你需要登录去解锁本文内容。欢迎注册账号。如果想阅读月刊所有文章,欢迎成为我们的订阅会员成为我们的订阅会员

已有集团订阅,可点击此处继续浏览。
如对集团订阅感兴趣,请联络我们

LinkedIn
Facebook
Twitter
Whatsapp
Telegram
Copy link