OmniActive adds spice with Indfrag

0
1373

OmniActive Health Technologies has purchased an 85% stake in Indfrag, a Bengaluru-based supplier of natural ingredients for the health and nutrition industry, for US$50 million. The company is in talks to acquire the remaining 15%.

OmniActive adds spice with IndfragOmniActive was founded by the Mariwala family, which also owns Kancor Ingredients. OmniActive has extracted ingredients from natural products since 1969 and has experience with technologies and processes necessary to provide specialized ingredients for supplements, as well as food and beverages.

Indfrag supplies high quality botanical and plant extracts from India and Southeast Asia to makers of dietary supplements and nutraceuticals. Its natural extracts are found in many sports and fitness nutrition products globally.

Indfrag will operate as an independent business, and OmniActive and Indfrag teams will continue to manage their respective product lines and customers. The current senior management team led by Indfrag’s founder, Philip Samuel, will help maintain customer relations during the transition of the business to OmniActive.

OmniActive will take the lead in expanding the technical and scientific support for the Indfrag range of products. Along with OmniActive managing director and CEO Sanjaya Mariwala, Deep Mishra, the managing director at Everstone India, and Chaitanya Desai, COO at OmniActive, will join Indfrag’s board. Samuel will continue as chairman of the board.

Spice Route Legal partners Mathew Chacko and Praveen Raju advised Indfrag on the deal. DSK Legal advised OmniActive.