SAM, Majmudar assist on NIIT acquistion of RPS Consulting

0
92

Shardul Amarchand Mangaldas & Co (SAM) advised the National Stock Exchange of India and BSE-listed NIIT when it acquired Bengaluru-based RPS Consulting.

Majmudar & Partners advised RPS Consulting, a provider of training programs on emerging technologies.

The deal was announced on 1 October and is structured in three tranches. The first, by which skills and talent development company NIIT acquired a 70% stake in RPS Consulting, closed on 1 October. NIIT is to acquire the remaining 30% stake in subsequent tranches within the next two-and-a-half years.

SAM’s team was led by partners Inder Mohan Singh and Sadia Khan, and included principal associate Ankit Goel, senior associate Sargam Marwaha, and compliance manager Priyanka Khatri.

Majmudar & Partners’ team comprised partner and head of South Asia, N Raja Sujith, and associates Swati Agrawal and Kritika Chandak.

The acquisition is expected to help NIIT expand its managed training services portfolio to include technology training.