The Singapore Corporate Counsel Association (SCCA) has created an online pledge in a bid to further the cause of diversity and inclusion in the workplace.
SCCA has been busy mailing members and law firms, inviting them to sign the SCCA Diversity & Inclusion Pledge.
“Please do also share the link with all members of your employer or organization, including clients, as the pledge can also be signed in a personal capacity,” the invitation says.
“We invite you, as a provider and/or consumer of legal services, to affirm their commitment to diversity and inclusion practices by taking the pledge.”
The signor pledges to take steps to ensure that:
- Legal services are provided by as diverse a team or firm as possible;
- The diversity and inclusion initiatives and success of legal teams will be a factor in offering or choosing legal services;
- Legal services will not be refused from any person of any minority merely because of their status;
- Legal teams are as diverse and inclusive as reasonably possible;
- People from under-represented societal groups will be actively included in meetings, hearings and similar events; and
- I will prefer to engage legal services providers who have taken this pledge and I will encourage others to take this pledge.
- Those interested in signing the pledge can do so at: https://tinyurl.com/d-ipledge