Wong Jin Nee & Teo
Total number of professionals: 10
Number of partners: 6
Number of associates: 4
Principal office: Kuala Lumpur
Wong Jin Nee & Teo was officially launched on 8 March 2005 by Wong Jin Nee and Teo Bong Kwang. The firm is an intellectual property and technology boutique legal practice, providing a full spectrum of Intellectual Property and Technology services and acts as a one-stop centre for organisations with issues relating to their intellectual property rights (IPR). The firm provides integrated services to organisations in connection with the creation, protection, portfolio management, enforcement and monetisation of their IPR, locally and abroad.
The firm’s aim is to deliver outstanding client service, to provide fulfilling careers and professional satisfaction for our team members and to achieve financial success so that we can reward all and grow.
The firm’s vision is to be a highly respected leading IP firm in providing consistently outstanding services, be results oriented and innovative solutions in a timely and cost effective manner to our clients.
Key practice areas
Brand protection; commercial exploitation and monetisation of IPR; competition law; confidential information and trade secrets; consumer protection and trade practices; copyright; dispute resolution and alternative dispute resolution; enforcement; entertainment and media; food & drugs; IP counselling and IP strategies; industrial designs; information technology & internet-related issues; patents and utility innovations; privacy and personal data protection; public policy, government relations & engagements; registered trademarks, well-known marks and passing off; regulatory compliance.
Awards and recognition
Over the years, Wong Jin Nee & Teo has been recognised and ranked highly in many prominent legal directories such as Asialaw, Asia IP Law, Legal 500 and Chamber & Partners. The firm has also been privileged to be awarded as the Malaysian Trade Mark Firm of the year for 2010, 2011 and 2012 at the Asia IP Awards consecutively.
We thank our supportive clients and associates for these recognitions. Some of the highlights are:
- Awarded the 2017 Malaysia Trade Mark Firm of the Year at the 2017 Asia IP Awards
- Awarded the 2016 Malaysia Copyright Firm of the Year at the 2016 Asia IP Awards
- Awarded the 2015 Malaysia Trade Mark Firm of the Year at the 2015 Asia IP Awards
- Awarded the 2014 Malaysia Copyright Firm of the Year at the 2014 Asia IP Awards
- Awarded the 2013 Malaysia Copyright Firm of the Year at the 2013 Asia IP Awards
- Awarded the 2012 Malaysia Trade Mark Firm of the Year at the 2012 Asia IP Awards
- Awarded the 2011 Malaysia Trade Mark Firm of the Year at the 2011 Asia IP Awards
- Awarded the 2010 Malaysia Trade Mark Firm of the Year at the 2010 Asia IP Awards
- Listed in tier 1 in The Legal 500
- Recognition in Chambers & Partners