The Singapore Corporate Counsel Association (SCCA) is bringing together leading lawyers from China, India, Hong Kong, Singapore, and the Philippines to shed light on the challenges faced by in-house and external counsel through its webinar, Cross-Border Conversation.
To be held on Tuesday, 25 May, the zoom event will discuss pressing issues faced by legal practitioners and business leaders around Asia. The panel will be moderated by Joyce Tan, Managing Partner, Joyce A. Tan & Partners. The panellists include Yao Rao, Managing Partner of HHP Attorneys-at-law; Ajay Bhargava, Senior Partner of Khaitan & Co; Philip Wong, Managing Partner of Gallant, and Emerico De Guzman, Managing Partner of ACCRALAW.
The panel will deliberate on a variety of hot topics including:
- What are the top three priorities of general counsels in these times?
- What challenges do general counsels face in responding to their companies’ needs and expectations?
- What value does external counsel bring to in-house counsel today?
- Have companies changed how they select external counsel?
- Do companies procure legal services from providers other than law firms?
- What are practice areas on the rise for in-house counsel seeking external counsel’s support?
- What are law firm billing approaches preferred by in-house counsel these days?
- How technologically advanced do in-house counsel expect law firms to be?
- How has the pandemic changed the game in terms of in-house counsel’s practice area, expectations of external counsel, adjustments to service delivery, and management of bill payments?
To register for the event, please visit here.