ESTABLISHED IN 1965
Total number of professionals: 201 (52 partners)
Principal office: Taipei
Other offices: Hsinchu, Taichung, Kaohsiung
Key practice areas
- Banking and finance; capital markets; insurance
- Corporate and investment; mergers and acquisitions; tax; labour; food and medical; competition; real estate and construction; government contracts; digital, TMT and data privacy
- Civil and criminal dispute representation and defence; public law dispute resolution; environmental; energy; family heritage planning and family affairs; international trade
- Patent enforcement, trade secret protection and dispute resolution; patent prosecution and maintenance; patent drafting and global patent protection; patent search, patent validity and infringement assessment
- Trademark; copyright enforcement, maintenance and dispute resolution
PRC and Japan practice
Lee and Li, founded more than 50 years ago, is the largest law firm in Taiwan, providing services in the Greater China area by collaborating with law firms and intellectual property agencies in mainland China. Besides its main office in Taipei and offices across Taiwan in Hsinchu, Taichung, and southern Taiwan, Lee and Li has formed strategic alliances in Shanghai and Beijing.
Our services are performed by around 870 legal and support staff, including nearly 200 Taiwan-qualified lawyers, 50 foreign lawyers, 100-plus Taiwan patent agents or patent attorneys, more than 100 technology experts, and specialists in other fields such as certified public accountants, as well as the PRC lawyers and patent attorneys of our strategic alliances. The firm’s 29 practice groups and special task forces are highly experienced in identifying potential and resolving existing legal issues that its clients may encounter in their business operations.
Lee and Li is a full-service law firm in Taiwan and understands the need to diversify and specialise. In response to the rapid developments in trade and technology and to satisfy the needs of our clients, we are constantly refining and expanding our practice areas. Over the decades, we have built one of the largest intellectual property rights practices in Taiwan, and have been involved in the phenomenal growth of foreign direct investment since the 1970s. We were pioneers in developing banking and capital markets practice in the 1980s and played a pivotal role in the formation of a technology law practice in the 1990s. We are also active in public construction, government procurement and mergers and acquisitions. We stay relevant by staying current on the latest developments in every industry and applying our legal skills to help clients achieve their business goals.
With more than 60,000 corporate clients worldwide, Lee and Li attributes its success in large part to its outstanding resources and extensive global network of leading international firms and corporations in various fields with which the firm maintains close co-operative relationships so as to provide effective legal services. What further sets Lee and Li apart is its active role in advising governmental agencies on various public policy initiatives and the implementation of major legislation essential to Taiwan’s economic stability, growth, and competitiveness.