Banking & finance; corporate & commercial; M&A; power & energy; project finance
Raisa Rinaldi or Ray graduated from the University of Indonesia in 2013 and soon after joined Hendra Soenardi. He is a member of the Indonesian Advocates Association (PERADI) and speaks fluent English and Bahasa Indonesia. He was made a partner of Hendra Soenardi in November 2021.
Ray’s legal practice focuses on M&A, banking and finance, and project development and finance. He has particular expertise in the power and energy, financial services, and technology, media and telecommunications sectors. This has enabled him to advise on multiple M&A transactions, startup investments, major power projects, financing transactions, joint ventures and corporate restructurings.
Throughout his career, clients have entrusted Ray to successfully lead complex transactions, opposite some of the Indonesian legal profession’s best practitioners. Ray is an astute lawyer with a broad commercial and practical outlook, and a deep understanding of Indonesian law and how it applies to a client’s given needs and challenges.
Some examples of the matters that Ray has led and/or worked on include:
- Counsel to Adaro Indonesia as the borrower and Adaro Energy Indonesia as the guarantor in a USD400 million loan facility from a group of international lenders;
- Counsel to Elang Mahkota Teknologi (Emtek) in a share subscription transaction in Grab Teknologi Indonesia (Grab’s Indonesian subsidiary) with a transaction value of USD375 million;
- Counsel to Tanjung Power Indonesia, as an independent power producer, and its sponsors in the development of a 2x100MW power plant in South Kalimantan and its USD545 million project financing;
- Counsel to PrivyID in its series A and B fundraising, with a total investment of more than USD20 million; and
- Counsel to a leading real estate company in the sale of a shopping mall, and hundreds of retail kiosks, in a superblock located in Jakarta, with a transaction value of IDR400 billion.
Ray is an enthusiastic speaker and has addressed various webinars and seminars held by Hukumonline, ET-Asia, and several universities in Indonesia to share his knowledge and experience.