The press releases published in this section have been uploaded by law firms. Their content has not been appraised or edited by Law.asia, and no responsibility is taken for the accuracy of the information they contain or any misrepresentation therein. For our independent editorial content, please visit our homepage.
The CNIPA issued the Outline for Building a Strong Intellectual Property System (2021-2035)
The CNIPA released the Outline for Building a Strong Intellectual Property System on September 30, 2021.
In terms of purpose, the Outline has established two specific goals for building a strong IPR system.
The first goal is to establish a sound intellectual property rights system by 2025, with stricter protection of intellectual property rights and high social satisfaction. And the market value of intellectual property rights will be further highlighted.
The second goal is that by 2035, to make China’s overall intellectual property strength among the top in the world, and the intellectual property system fully established. The intellectual property industry shall promote vigorous development of innovation and entrepreneurship, and social awareness of IPRs shall be formed.
In terms of key tasks, the Outline clarifies the followings.
- Building an intellectual property system suited to socialist modernization.
- Establish an intellectual property protection system that supports a world-class business environment.
- Establish an intellectual property market operating mechanism that encourages innovation and development.
- Build a public service system for intellectual property rights that is convenient for the people.
- Build a humanistic and social environment that promotes high-quality development of intellectual property rights.
- Deeply participate in global intellectual property governance.
In terms of organizational guarantees, the “Outline” emphasizes three aspects of guarantees.
- Strengthen organizational leadership.
- Strengthen the guarantee of conditions and improve the guarantee system of central and local financial investment.
- Strengthen assessment and evaluation.