ESTABLISHED IN 1997
Total number of professionals: 120 (9 partners)
Principal office: New Delhi
Other offices: Bengaluru and Mumbai
Key practice areas
Data protection; domain names; geographical indications; intellectual property; licensing & franchising; litigation; technology, media and telecommunications; pharma & biotech; plant varieties & biodiversity; trade secrets.
LexOrbis is a full-service Indian IP law firm with over 200 personnel including 120 attorneys. The firm is often recognised by various reputable organisations among the top five IP firms and the “fastest growing” IP firms in India. The patent practice group has over 80 patent attorneys with expertise in chemical, pharmaceutical, life sciences, and a broad range of engineering subjects. The trademark/design group has over 30 attorneys and they manage global portfolios of a large number of global and domestic businesses. The IP enforcement and litigation group have 10 seasoned litigators with vast experience.
The attorneys have full legal and technical expertise to cater to a wide range of industries, ranging from automotive, aerospace, biotechnology, biosimilars, computers, chemical, consumer products, defence equipment, electrical and electronics, information and communication technology, software and mobile apps, media and entertainment, to oil and gas, pharmaceuticals, seeds and agro-chemical products, food and beverages, fashion, sports, and publishing houses. The firm employs cutting-edge technology systems and its professionals are known for their clear communication, responsiveness, quick turnaround time, and out of the box thinking and solutions.
As an equal opportunity employer, LexOrbis supports diversity and inclusion and has set policies in place like working from home, six months of maternity leave, sabbaticals, crèche facilities, flexible working hours, and a safe environment; all aimed at providing a healthy work-life balance. Women comprise 70% of the firm’s total staff, and a substantial percentage are partners and team leads.
INTA, AIPPI, AIPLA, FICPI, LES, APAA, ECTA, MARQUES, CPHI, IPO, IAC, PTMG, IBA, WIPF, SILF, WLA, Biotechnology Innovation Organization, Global IP Convention, Confederation of Indian Industries, Federation of Indian Chambers of Commerce & Industry, ASSOCHAM (Associated Chambers of Indian Commerce and Industry).
• IAM Patent 1000 – Manisha Singh and Abhai Pandey ranked among IAM’s world’s leading patent professionals for prosecution & litigation respectively for the year 2021.
• IAM Patents 1000 – Recommended frm for patent prosecution for the year 2021
• Legal Era – “Star Women Lawyer of the Year in 3rd Annual Legal Era Women in Law Excellence Awards 2021”
• India Business Law Journal: Indian Law Firm Awards 2021 and 2020, LexOrbis has been recognised as the winner for the category “Intellectual Property Protection”.
• WIPR leaders 2021 – Manisha Singh has been recognised among “leading IP practitioners” in the world.
• MIP IP Star 2021 – LexOrbis has been ranked Tier 2 for trademark prosecution
• WTR 1000: The World’s Leading Trademark Professionals 2021 guide – LexOrbis is recognised for the category “Enforcement and Litigation & Prosecution and Strategy”.
• 2020 India Business Law Journal – A List: Manisha Singh has been recognised and listed among “India’s Top Lawyer”
• 2020 Asia IP: Recognised as “India patents Firm of the Year”
• IAM Strategy 300, 2020 – Manisha Singh is recognised as one of the world’s leading IP strategists
709-710 Tolstoy House
15-17 Tolstoy Marg
New Delhi – 110 001, India
T: +91 11 2371 6565
606-607, Gamma Block
Sigma Soft Tech Park
No 7 Whitefeld Main Road
Bengaluru – 560 066
T: +91 80 4324 5900
146 Jolly Maker Chamber II
Vinay K Shah Marg
Mumbai – 400 021, India
T: +91 22 4120 0392