Arbitration & ADR; banking & finance; insurance & reinsurance; shipping
Shardul Thacker advises on financial products, trade, acquisition, structured, bank securitisation and loans/syndication, financial regulatory, compliance.
With extensive experience in disputes resolution, Shardul has an in-depth commercial understanding to seamlessly support his corporate, insurance, offshore construction and banking practices. His acumen in managing litigation risks has facilitated resolving disputes with the least adverse effect to clients’ business.
- India correspondent for Lloyd’s Maritime and Commercial Law Quarterly.
- Vice President of Indian Maritime Law Association, affiliated to CMI.
- Member of the Executive Committee of the Mumbai Centre for International Arbitration, Maritime Users’ Council.
- Lloyd’s List ranked him Top 10 Lawyers, stating he is “highly regarded for his work in the LNG gas sector, particularly for interesting and highly geared finance deals in relation to infrastructure projects, energy, ports and ships”.
- Shardul is ranked in Chambers and WWL for banking and shipping. He also contributes to the India sections of the following publications: Cross-Border Security, Transport Finance Law Review, Maritime Law Handbook, Kluwer and Who’s Who Legal.