Labour & employment; corporate & commercial; white-collar crime; licensing & franchising; joint venture
Wahid Sadiq Khan has in-depth experience dealing with complex international commercial transactions, arbitration, employment, and related company matters. A few of the work highlights of Wahid in different areas of practice are stated below:
• Successfully assisted a reputed Medical Systems Company of USA in receiving its payment from a Bangladeshi owned government hospital.
• Successfully assisted a multinational mobile phone manufacturer in setting up business in Bangladesh.
• Successfully assisted in the acquisition of a pharmaceutical company by another local pharmaceutical company.
• Successfully assisted in the winding-up process of a multinational company’s business in Bangladesh.
• Successfully assisted in developing HR policies and dealing with employee-related issues of various multinational companies.
• Successfully drafted HR policies and sexual harassment policy, drug policy and other related policies of reputed local and international companies.
• Successfully dealt with the grievance of employees on behalf of the company by conducting court proceedings and outside court settlement.
• Has successfully assisted the companies in recovering its properties, such as cars and motorcycles from its ex-employees.
• Successfully conducted several arbitration hearings at Bangladesh Energy Regulatory Commission (BERC) on behalf of reputed conglomerates of Bangladesh and local companies.
• Acted as legal counsel in various commercial arbitrations under The Arbitration Act, 2001 of Bangladesh.
• Has a wide range of experience in drafting and vetting international commercial agreements and taking part in negotiations leading to successful contracts.
• Has a wide range of experience in drafting legal opinions and notices regarding export policy, environmental laws and other contractual agreements of various banks and companies.
• Successfully assisted companies in filing employees’ fraud cases at a district court, Dhaka.
• Has a wide range of experience in dealing with civil and criminal suits related to money compensation claims, bail and other criminal matters.