Corporate; finance; infrastructure; M&A; asset & lease finance
Nasirud Doulah is a seasoned corporate, finance and construction lawyer with project finance and development and documentary credit as his stressed areas. He advised in a large number of major projects in energy and infrastructure sectors with extensive public-private partnership (PPP) and infrastructure transaction advisory experience. Under the World Bank and the International Finance Corporation (IFC) appointment, he acted as the key researcher to complete Bangladesh Corporate Governance Country Assessment Report. He advised a good number of significant M&A matters. He is also a member of the Thomas Jefferson School of Law’s tax and anti-money-laundering research teams. Some major transaction highlights are as follows:
- Acted as local legal counsel for the IFC and Excelerate Energy in project development and financing aspects of the first LNG terminal (FSRU) project in Bangladesh at Maheshkhali.
- So far, structured and developed more than 81 power projects for clients like General Electric, Blackstone, Golar Power, AES, El Paso, etc. He has been representing major players in developing renewable independent power producers (IPPs) such as Sinennergy, Scatec, CMEC, Total, ZTE, Sharp, etc.
- Major M&As include the Shenzhen Stock Exchange and Shanghai Stock Exchange aquisition of Dhaka Stock Exchange, Holcim and Lafarge merger, Microsoft acquisition of Nokia, Zhenhua’s USD2 billion bid for three gas fields, Ophir acquisition of Santos assets and merger with Medco, AES acquisition of Covanta power assets, BMGF’s Bkash divestment to Alibaba Group, etc.
- Have been acting in major PPP and infrastructure development projects, including all toll road PPPs, i.e. the first Dhaka elevated, Dhaka bypass, RAD expressways, Payra Port (for JDN), second Kanchpur-Meghna-Gumti bridges, South Asia subregional economic cooperation road, Shahjalal Airport third terminal project, etc.
- Acted for sponsors and lenders in project development of major economic zones, including Chinese economic zone at Anwara and China-Bangladesh iron and steel production zone
- Acted as lender’s Counsel for the IFC, European Investment Bank, Islamic Development Bank, Finnfund, China Exim Bank, China Development Bank, Industrial and Commercial Bank of China in many projects. Acting for Sinosure in most of the large coal-fired IPPs.
- Acted for all of the latest gas exploration PSC contract awards for ONGC, OIL, POSCO & Daewoo, etc.
- Major lease and asset finance clients include GECAS, Aercape, EDC, etc. Major fintech clients include Ant Financial, Microsoft, Amazon, Google and Facebook.