ESTABLISHED IN 2019
Total number of professionals: 25 (2 partners)
Principal office: New Delhi
Other office: Mumbai
Key practice areas
Arbitration & ADR; banking & finance; capital markets; corporate & commercial; e-commerce, fintech, blockchain & cryptos; inbound investment; infrastructure; joint ventures; labour & employment; litigation; mergers & acquisitions; outbound investment; power & energy; private equity, venture capital & funds; project finance; real estate; securitization & structured finance; technology, media and telecommunications; trusts, charities and not-for-profit.
Lex Favios is a full-service law firm with offices in Delhi and Mumbai. The firm traces its origin to the year 2014 when it was founded by managing partner, Sumes Dewan. Our firm provides a wide range of corporate advisory and legal services. It is acting as Indian legal counsel to numerous MNCs, major Indian corporates and Fortune 500 companies. The firm provides specialised legal advice. It has a large hospitality and banking finance practice, where the firm represents some of the largest hospitality corporates and large financial institutions.
The firm’s key focus areas are:
- Hospitality and real estate: Drafting/reviewing of agreements such as operations and management, reservation services, licensing, technical services and marketing. Review of all applicable approvals and licences at the pre-opening stage for operating the hotel.
- Banking and finance/project financing: Advise on issues such as debt finance, including domestic and cross border syndicated lending (both secured and unsecured), asset sales and corporate financing and refinancing. Securitisation and project finance, including infrastructure and public-private partnership project financing.
- Corporate and commercial: The firm advises clients on the structuring and setting up of operations in India, and the legal, regulatory and tax aspects of doing business in India.
- Mergers & acquisitions: Advising clients on issues relating to the acquisition of both Indian and overseas companies, including foreign exchange and other governmental regulations applicable to such transactions.
- Labour and employment: The firm advises on contractual issues such as employment agreements, drafting and advisory on harassment policies, and dealing with key disciplinary issues.
- Energy and infrastructure: Our firm has been assisting clients in negotiating and structuring infrastructure and project financing documentation.
- Dispute resolution: Advising and representing clients in all kinds of arbitration, conciliation, mediation and litigation, and advising and representing clients in all kinds of arbitrations, conciliations, mediations and litigations.
- Indian Law Firm Awards 2015 by India Business Law Journal.
- IFLR 1000 Financial and Corporate 2018 (The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms) has rated Sumes Dewan as a Notable Practitioner in Banking and Finance.
- IFLR 1000 Financial and Corporate (The Guide to the World’s Leading Financial Law Firms) has rated Lex Favios as a Notable Firm in the IFLR 1000 in 2017, 2018 and 2018 edition.
- Sumes Dewan has been listed in the A-List India’s Top 100 Lawyers 2016 by India Business Law Journal.
- Asialaw Leading Lawyers 2007, 2008, 2011 and 2013 “ranked Sumes Dewan” as leading lawyer in Capital Markets and Corporate Finance.
E-299, Greater Kailash – I, 110048
T: +91-11-41435188/ 45264524
Sumes Dewan/ Tanya Mishra
Office No. 18, Bombay Mutual
Chambers, 19/21, Ambalal Doshi
Marg, Fort, Mumbai – 400023
T: 98 1111 3391/ 98 9066 5306
Sumes Dewan/ Rahul Totala