Tel: +91 98 1116 1518
Corporate & commercial, intellectual property, litigation, media and telecommunications; technology
Manisha is a leading lawyer in the IP arena in India. Starting her career at a time when Indian IP laws and practices were undergoing substantial changes pursuant to the country’s obligations to comply with the TRIPS agreement, Manisha played an important and crucial role in advising and apprising Indian policy and lawmakers on global standards associated with IP administrative and enforcement systems.
Manisha is a true strategist and has acted on several milestone cases. She leads most of the firm’s large and complex cases. Manisha is known and respected for her deep expertise on prosecution and enforcement of all forms of IP rights, and for strategizing and managing global patents, trademarks and designs portfolios of large global and domestic companies. She is also known for her sharp litigation and negotiation skills for both IP and non- IP litigations and dispute resolution.
Manisha is a member of several significant IP forums and professional bodies including the International Trademark Association (INTA), International Association for the Protection of Intellectual Property (AIPPI), American Intellectual Property Law Association (AIPLA), Intellectual Property Owners Association (IPO), Licensing Executives Society International (LESI), European Communities Trade Mark Association (ECTA), Pharmaceuticals Trade Marks Group (PTMG), Asian Patent Attorneys Association (APAA), Marques and FICPI.
Some of Manisha’s recognitions in 2020 include:
• Asian Legal Business: Recognized among “Top Disputes Lawyers”
• IAM Strategy 300: Recognized as a leading IP strategist
• IAM 1000: Recognized as a “Recommended Individual”
• Managing IP: Recognized as “IP Star” for patent litigation, patent strategy and counselling
• Legal Era – Legal Media Group: Recognized in the category of “Star Women in law”
• WTR 1000: Ranked among “Recommended Individuals”
• Niti Ayog: Recognized for “Excellent leadership in the field of patents” in an event organized by Social Talks